In the always-evolving world of content marketing, it can be hard to keep up with the ever-changing trends. Did you know that 76% of people get frustrated when they don’t feel a personalized experience with a specific brand, according to a recent McKinsey report? If you want to continue to grow your business and get more customer engagement in 2023, then this article is for you!
Content Marketing Dos
1. Content marketing is all about creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and engaging content to attract, acquire, and retain customers. According to SemRush, 55% of successful content marketing strategies focus on improving the quality of content.
2. To be successful with content marketing, you need to have a strategy. That means knowing your audience, understanding their needs and wants, and creating content that appeals to them.
3. Always keep your audience in mind when creating content. Write for them, not for yourself. As mentioned in a McKinsey report, 71% of consumers expect companies to deliver personalized interactions.
4. Be sure to promote your content across all social media channels to reach the widest possible audience. According to Hubspot, the number of global social media users is expected to reach almost 3.43 billion in 2023.
5. Keep your content updated and fresh so that your audience doesn’t get bored. Constantly publish new blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.
6. Measure your results so that you can see what’s working and what isn’t. Use analytics to track engagement levels and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Content Marketing Don’ts
1. Don’t over-optimize your content
If you’re constantly focused on SEO and making sure your content is optimized for the search engines, you’re missing the point of content marketing.The goal of content marketing should be to create helpful, informative, and engaging content that will attract your target audience.
Discover how SEO enhanced our digital strategy for one of our clients in the Waste Management industry here.
2. Don’t publish low-quality content
In order to be successful with content marketing, you need to publish high-quality content on a regular basis. That doesn’t mean you have to be perfect, but your articles should be well-written, error-free, and researched.
3. Don’t forget about your audience
Always keep your target audience in mind when creating content. What are they interested in? What kind of information are they looking for? Write your articles with them in mind and make sure they’re something that would actually be helpful or interesting to them.
4. Don’t neglect other marketing channels
When creating content for your business, it’s important to remember that not all channels are created equal. Different channels have different purposes and audiences, so it’s important to tailor your content accordingly.
How to increase engagement with your audience
If you want to increase engagement with your audience, there are a few content marketing dos you can implement. Firstly, make sure your content is interesting and informative. If your audience is bored, it won’t stick around.
Secondly, be consistent with your content. If you post sporadically, your audience will lose interest. Posting regularly will keep them coming back for more.
Finally, interact with your audience as much as possible. Respond to comments and questions, and start conversations. According to Outgrow, 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a better customer experience.
Why you need to engage your audience
Engagement is simply the act of interacting with your audience. This can be done in a number of ways, such as through comments, likes, shares, or any other form of interaction.
Data from a research report about interactive contact from Content Marketing Institute reveals the top two reasons for using interactive content are educating the audience and engagement.
Why is engagement so important? There are a few reasons:
1. It shows that people are actually interested in what you have to say. If people are engaging with your content, it means they’re finding it valuable and relevant to their interests. This is the first step in building a relationship with your audience.
2. It helps you better understand your audience’s needs and wants. The more you interact with your audience, the more you’ll learn about them. This valuable information can help you create even better content that’s tailored to their specific needs and wants.
3. It allows you to build a community around your brand. When people feel like they’re part of a community, they’re more likely to stick around and continue engaging with your content. This can lead to long-term customers and fans of your brand.
4. It can lead to sales and conversions. If people are engaged with your content, there’s a good chance they’ll be interested in what you have to sell. According to Ion Interactive, 70% of marketers say interactive content is effective at converting site visitors.
Tips for increasing engagement with online consumers
1. Increase the quality of your content – This is the first and most important step to take if you want to increase engagement with online consumers. Your content must be well-written, accurate, and informative in order to capture attention and encourage readers to stick around.
2. Make use of social media – Social media platforms are a great way to share your content with a wider audience and get people talking about your brand. Be sure to post interesting and engaging content on a regular basis, and interact with users whenever possible.
Discover how our Account-Based Marketing strategy on LinkedIn led to better interactions with prospects and numerous deals for our clients in the Wellbeing industry here.
3. Use visuals – Humans are visual creatures, so it’s no surprise that incorporating images and videos into your content can help increase engagement. According to a report conducted by Wyzowl, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
4. Create headlines that pack a punch – Headlines are often what determine whether or not someone will actually click on your content. Write headlines that are clear, concise, and attention-grabbing to entice readers into clicking through.
5. Keep it short and sweet – In today’s fast-paced world, people don’t have the time or patience to read lengthy articles or watch long videos. Keep your content concise and easy to digest so that viewers don’t get bored or lose interest halfway through.
Content marketing is an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. Remember that successful content marketing campaigns require a long-term commitment. Take some time to plan out your approach and keep track of the results along the way as well.
Creating your own successful content strategy has never been easier. Just book a call with us here.