Content marketing generates three times more customers than traditional advertising methods, and the costs are 62% lower. So, just set up your own strategy for the next year by checking out how the industry has progressed over the last few years in this article!
Content marketing guidelines for the future
As we move into the future, it’s important to keep in mind specific content marketing guidelines to stay ahead of the curve. Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Produce evergreen and timeless content. Your content should be relevant and useful long after it is published.
2. Create content with intention. Every piece of content you produce should have a purpose and goal. Ask yourself how this content will help your business or audience before you publish.
3. Be authentic and transparent. Your readers can spot inauthenticity from a mile away, so always be genuine in your writing and avoid overselling your products or services.
4. Write for your audience first and foremost. Keep their needs and wants in mind with every word you write—never lose sight of who you’re creating content for. As mentioned by Contentwriters, your target audience’s interest will help you determine which format to use for the content delivery.
5. Make sure your website and blog are optimized for SEO. This will ensure that your target audience can easily find your content when they search for keywords related to your niche.
What’s worked in content marketing to date?
Now that we’re a few weeks into 2023, it’s time to start thinking about content marketing trends for the next year. Last year was about creating visuals and using new platforms to reach audiences. But what worked in content marketing last year?
Some top content marketing trends from 2022 included using more videos, implementing interactive content, and developing a strong brand voice. According to a report conducted by Wyzowl, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. Then, these elements can be carried over into 2023 to continue seeing success.
One trend that is predicted to be huge this year is personalization. As we move towards more targeted content, it’s important to remember that one size does not fit all. Content should be created specifically for the audience you’re trying to reach, whether that’s through segmenting your email list or customizing web pages.
Another big trend for 2023 is going to be Messenger marketing. With the launch of Facebook Messenger bots, businesses can interact with their customers in a new way. This provides an opportunity to create more engaging and personal experiences.
Finally, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are two technologies that are becoming more widely used in content marketing. While they may seem like gimmicks at first, when used correctly, they can add a whole new level of immersion and engagement.
Top series from this year and previous years of inspirational content
There’s no doubt that content marketing has been one of the hottest topics in the digital marketing space for the past few years. And as we move into 2023, it will only become more critical.
To help you create a content marketing strategy that works, we’ve put together a list of the top series from this year and previous years. These articles have received a lot of engagement and have helped our readers achieve their content marketing goals.
1. How to Create an Editorial Calendar That Works For Your Business: This step-by-step guide walks you through everything you need to know about creating an editorial calendar, from setting goals to brainstorming ideas to executing your plan.
2. How to Create Content That Drives Traffic and Leads: In this series, we share tips on creating different types of content that will resonate with your audience and help you reach your business goals.
3. The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Your Business on Social Media: This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about using social media for business, from understanding the different platforms to creating a strategy that works.
The rise of sponsored content within advertising
Sponsored content is a form of advertising that involves paying a sponsor to promote your company or product within their medium. This can be a blog post, article, video, or social media post.
Sponsored content has seen such a rise in recent years because it is an effective way to reach out to potential customers who may otherwise be exposed to your brand. Paid advertising can be expensive and intrusive, so sponsored content offers a more subtle and organic way to get your message across.
Moreover, people are more likely to trust recommendations from friends and peers than they are from brands themselves. By aligning yourself with a popular website or influencer, you can ride on their credibility to boost your own. As Hubspot highlighted, trust represents a major fact that engages potential customers.
Done right, sponsored content can be a potent marketing tool. But, like with any form of advertising, some risks are involved. The most common pitfall is coming across as too sales-y or pushy, which can turn off potential customers.
It’s also important to ensure your sponsored content is relevant to the site or person you’re partnering with. It will stick out like a sore thumb and do more harm than good if it’s not a good fit. Finally, beware of over-exposing your brand – too much of anything is never good.
The importance of brand storytelling
In a world where nearly everyone is bombarded with constant marketing messages, it’s more important than ever for brands to find ways to break through the noise and connect with their audiences on a deeper level. One of the most effective ways to do this is through brand storytelling.
Brand storytelling allows brands to tap into the emotional side of human nature and create narratives that resonate with their audiences. When done well, brand storytelling can foster a strong connection between a brand and its customers, leading to loyalty and advocacy.
What’s more, brand storytelling can be an incredibly powerful tool for driving conversions. Studies have shown that stories are up to 22 times more memorable than facts alone, and they can also lead to a boost in sales.
So, what makes a good brand story? Here are some key elements:
A compelling protagonist: A great brand story should have a relatable protagonist for which your audience can root.
An emotional journey: A good story will take the protagonist on an emotional journey, eliciting feelings like joy, sadness, anger, or fear. These emotions will help forge a stronger connection between the character and the reader.
A happy ending: While not all stories need to have a traditional “happy ending,” it’s important that the audience feels satisfied with how the story resolves itself. This will leave them feeling positive about your brand overall.
Why personalization is essential
For several reasons. Firstly, it allows you to create customized content relevant to your audience. Secondly, it helps you build relationships with your audience by providing them with content tailored specifically for them. As mentioned in a McKinsey report, 76% of people get frustrated when they don’t feel a personalized experience with a specific brand. Finally, personalization can help you increase your conversion rate by making it easier for people to find the content they want.
To sum up, content marketing has gained considerable proportions in recent years. It is a powerful tool to use if you’re looking to draw more traffic and engagement from your target audience and have more success in your business.
And if you need a reliable content partner in your content marketing journey, just book a call with us here.